If there's one thing Tom knows, it's dirt. When he first designed the Ultra, he knew it would appeal to riders who demand specific ride characteristics and dirt slaying only he could deliver—and that was in the 1980s! Good design withstands the test of time, and the latest iteration of the Ultra is a prime example. Like its predecessor from 30 years prior, the new Ultra occupies a unique ride space from cross-country riders looking to get rowdy and go big to enduro riders lusting for some all-mountain shredding.
Designed around a 120mm travel fork and super-stable Boost 148 spacing, most of the fun is in the wheels. Designed to accommodate 29" or 27.5" wheels, the Ultra is highly versatile. Throw on some 29s for some trail-smashing XC riding or saddle up some 27.5+ for some serious no-holds-barred shredding. The Ultra is a rough and rugged trail master that doesn't know when to quit.
- Compatible with 27.5 x 2.8" and 29 x 2.4" tires
- Material: heat-treated, triple-butted Ritchey Logic steel tubing—TIG welded
- Ultra-light forged and machined tapered head tube
- Optimized for 120mm (BOOST) suspension travel fork or 500mm axle-crown rigid fork
- Headset: integrated—1.5" tapered
- Headset upper bearing: 41.8mm OD / IS42/28.6 (S.H.I.S.)
- Headset lower bearing: 52mm OD / IS52/40 (S.H.I.S.)
- BOOST 148mm spacing (12mm alloy thru-axle included)
- External cable routing
- Replaceable stainless-steel derailleur hanger
- 30.9mm seat tube with stealth dropper routing and replaceable seat collar
- Front derailleur clamp size: 34.9mm (max torque setting: 2.5Nm)—not included
- Bottom bracket: 73mm—English threaded
- Designed for 1X or 2X chainrings (Side Swing front derailleur required for double)
- BOOST cranks must be used for proper 52mm chainline
- Crankset maximum ring size: 38T single—26/36T double
- Recommended tire size: 27.5x2.4 (2.8 max) or 29x2.25 (2.4 max)—tire size varies by rim and tire manufacturer
- Post-mount rear brake: 160mm (180mm max—adaptors available separately)
- Sizes: S (15") / M (17") / L (19") / XL (20.5")
- Weight: 2.57kg (L/19")
|Frame||Heat-treated, triple-butted Ritchey Logic steel tubing,TIG welded, Recommended tire size: 27.5 x 2.4" (2.8" max) or 29 x 2.25" (2.4" max), tire size varies by rim and tire manufacturer|
* Subject to change without notice.